Monday, October 22, 2012

Core Dump

Earlier I had encountered many runtime errors in my programs like Segmentation Fault, stack crashing etc. Segmentation fault was a bit difficuilt to track till I learnt the debugger.

Recently while working with files IO in my simulation of a network I encountered core dump. Later I learnt that the directory path given by me was incorrect. As a next step of simulation the same problem cropped up, I called a function with function signature:

pathDetails createLightTree ( string id, vector <pathDetails> trees, int iteration );
and definition:
{
    std::cout<<"Test line"<<endl;
    pathDetails sample;
    return sample;
}


pathDetails is a structure having related integer constraints required to simulate a Multicast Optical Network

It has been frustrating as I am not able to execute even the first dummy line. The error message is:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc' what(): std::bad_alloc
Aborted (core dumped) 

Here is the screenshot of the same:

No comments:

Post a Comment